Student debt usury in the news
The right to education comes with a hefty price tag:
- Ellen Brown (May 11, 2012) ~ Seniors’ Social Security Garnished for Student Debts – Straight from Charles Dickens. Ms. Brown discusses the impact of interest, which in turn impacts capitalization.
- Devon Douglas-Bowers (May 10, 2012) ~ The Origins and Evolution of the Student Debt Crisis – Historical context of the crisis anyone?
- Lee Fang, Truthout (May 9, 2012) ~ Why Are Student Loan Interest Rates Set to Double? Thank These Lobbyists Who Helped Kill the Bill Yesterday – Background on the hostage negotiations.
- Dave Lindorff, This Can’t be Happening (May 9, 2012) ~ The ‘Subsidized’ Loan Charade: The US Government is Profiteering on Struggling Students – Ever wondered how the Dept of Ed profits on subsidized loans but couldn’t get a answer from Wm D Ford or Mohela contractors?
- OMBWatch (May 1, 2012), Student Loan Interest Fight Highlights Competing Values.